Based on the statistic that only 20% of the Fortune 1000 currently has mobile optimized sites, there is a tremendous opportunity for agencies to deliver strategic leadership to meet their clients’ needs. Below are some highlights from Google’s latest study – What Users Want Most From Mobile Sites Today – which will help you make the case for mobile site optimization from two perspectives. First, by reporting how smartphone users feel about current mobile browsing experiences. Then, it highlights what an actual smartphone user wants from a company’s mobile optimized site.
Below are the highlights we believe will help you build that case and ultimately deliver what your clients’ users want!
How Smartphone Users Feel About the Mobile Browsing Experience
- 96% of smartphone users have encountered sites that weren’t designed for mobile devices.
- 74% of users say they’re also more likely to return to a site in the future if it’s mobile-friendly.
- 67% of users are more likely to purchase a product or service from a mobile-friendly site.
- 52% of users said a bad mobile experience made them less likely to engage with a company.
- 48% of users say they feel frustrated and annoyed when on sites that are poorly optimized for mobile.
- 48% of users that report a business’ site didn’t work well on their smartphones took it as an indication the company didn’t care about their business.
What Smartphone Users’ Want
- 76% of users want to get location or operating hours from a mobile site.
- 78% of users want to be able to find what they’re looking for on a mobile site in just one or two clicks. The same percentage of users cites a desire for a search bar that’s both easy to find, and to use.
- 76% of users want mobile sites to fit the small screen of their smartphone better. 64% said they want to only scroll up and down, not left and right.
- 74% of users want mobile sites to look clean and efficient.
- 74% of users also cited they want the option to go to a full, non-mobile site version.
- 73% of users also cited a need for less long forms.
- 61% of users want to be able to click-to-call a business on their mobile site; 54% are looking to send an email.
- 48% of users want to be able to access a company’s social networks from their mobile site.
- 41% of users want to be able to play a video clip from a company’s mobile site.
Are you ready to help your clients’ sell-in mobile optimization? If your client has already optimized their site, are they hitting on all these critical elements?
If not, we are here to help you with a low cost, high quality mobile development resource. We’ve helped numerous agencies optimize their client’s websites while utilizing existing technologies for efficient ongoing management. Please do get in touch to discuss how we can help you sell-in mobile optimization to your clients.